Feed In Tariff


The Feed in Tariff (FiTs) has been designed to make renewable energy sources such as solar power more affordable and accessible to those that need it. It allows you to earn money on any excess energy your system generates, which can make the whole of your set up much more affordable.

How You Can Benefit

As a standard family who has solar PV panels on their roof you are able to benefit in three ways. Don’t worry if they sound confusing because we’re happy to help you with any arrangements that you need to make. Just give us a call and we can talk you through it.

The Generation Tariff

This is a set amount paid per unit of electricity that is generated. The amount of electricity generated is measured in kilowatt-hours and is currently paid at 14.38p per kWh for most systems. You will usually get your payments via your electricity company although it is possible to also use an independent provider so this could be worth considering too.

Lower Utility Bills

Although not all of your electricity needs you should find that a large proportion of them are taken care of. Of course a lot of your saving will come down to how much energy you use, especially during day light hours. It is hard to know how much you will save as this is quite an individual thing. We can give you advice on this and even tell you how to make sure you are saving the maximum amount possible if you give us a call on 0117 3706140.

Export Tariff

You are able to sell back any electricity that your system generates but you are not able to make use of. This is usually estimated at about 50% of the electricity you generate can be sold back and this is paid for at a rate of 4.77p per kWh.

These are all easy ways to save money on your utility bills over time. We’re constantly told about the rising cost of energy and
how this is due to rise even more over the next few years. It can be reassuring to know that this is not something that you have to deal with, if you look at ways in which you can save money now. Yes, you have to pay for a solar PV panels to be installed howevercarbonenergy with the above methods you can easily recoup this back in not very much time at all.

If you want to qualify for a Feed in Tariff system of any kind then you must make sure that your PV panels are installed by a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved installer (we’re one!) and that you have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) (we can help you with this!).

Give us a call if you have any questions or want to know more, our friendly customer service team will be happy to help.